Estimated reading time: 11 minute
As we all know, the final accuracy of the sheet metal bending product depends on whether there is the best: bending equipment, bending mold system (including molds, mold clamps, and compensation), bending materials, and bending operators. The mold system of the bending machine includes a bending mold, a mold clamping system, and a compensation system. The importance of bending machine mold and compensation system to bending accuracy is unquestionable. However, many people in the industry have less knowledge of press brake clamps. In this article, let us first talk about the press brake clamp and see how it liberates labor and allows bending more precisely and efficiently.
The Classifications of Bending Machine Clamps
- Bending machine clamps have L-shaped, R-shaped, U-shaped and Z-shaped clamps
- The upper clamp of the bending machine has different angles of 90 degrees, 88 degrees, 45 degrees, 30 degrees, 20 degrees and 15 degrees. The lower mold is generally divided into 400 mm, 200 mm, 100 mm, 50 mm, 40 mm, 20 mm, 15 mm, 10 mm, totaling 835 mm.
- The lower clamp of the bending machine has 4～18V double groove and single groove, and the groove width is different. There are also R lower die, acute angle lower die, flattening die and so on.
- The upper and lower bending machine clamps are divided into sections and whole: the upper die is generally divided into 300mm, 200mm, 100mm, 100mm, 50mm, 40mm, 20mm, 15mm, 10mm, and the overall size: 835mm.
Installation of Clamps For Press Brake
When installing the clamp of the bending machine, be sure to check the status of the equipment, and then install and debug according to the steps, and pay attention to personal safety when debugging.
- The adjustment of the clamp machine of the bending machine. When installing the press brake clamp, first of all, you should understand the performance of the machine, turn on the bending machine, adjust and check patiently, and see if the machine can accommodate the dust and iron filings that have been used before. In order to prevent unnecessary troubles in future use.
- The stroke adjustment of the clamp slide of the bending machine. First check whether the ratio between the thickness of the clamp of the bending machine and the upper and lower modules is normal. Generally, the slider needs to be controlled at the switch point of the stroke line. You must pay attention to this, otherwise the fixture will not work properly, but some people still often make such mistakes.
- Adjustment of the clamp gap of the bending machine. Adjust the gap between the clamps of the bending machine. First, measure the gap between the upper module and the lower module, and determine a reasonable gap based on the folding board.
- Fixture angle adjustment of bending machine. Adjusting the bending angle is also an important part. The angle selection must be related to the product requirements. Generally speaking, the angle must be set so that the middle angle is greater than the two sides. Sometimes it may be tightened, which can be handled by adjusting the screws on the machine. After the adjustment, if the product does not change the demand, do not modify it again. Then, when bending, the pressure gauge is used to calculate the pressure value and adjust the pressure. So as not to cause.
- Adjustment of clamp stroke module of bending machine. After adjusting the slider stroke standard, the next step is to adjust the upper limit point of the module. Generally speaking, the module will rise to the high position and the sum switch of the module will be set correctly. In this way, it can flow out from the stop position of the module, and through some of the above operations, the production efficiency can be greatly improved. In this process, the module also needs to slow down. Because the module must decelerate when it descends to the bottom dead center to protect the machine and the mold.
Before sheet metal bending, sheet metal parts may have gone through multiple value-added production processes, such as stamping, cutting, and deburring. This requires the bending process to ensure strict accuracy and consistency of accuracy to reduce the generation of expensive waste. To reduce costs. We all know that good bending equipment must meet these requirements, but the importance of a good clamping system is often overlooked! A good clamping system can not only save time but also ensure accuracy and reduce the number of test bends. But what are the clamping systems? We will share an overview of the advantages and disadvantages of different clamping systems.
- 2 press brake clamp systems
There are two types of mold clamping systems for bending machines: manual clamping and automatic clamping. There are different versions of each clamping system on the market.
The manual clamping system is an effective and economical clamp for bending machines that do not frequently change molds. Manual clamping of the mold is the most basic and time-consuming clamping method, requiring the bending operator to manually lock each splint. The independent clamping plates cannot automatically form a complete clamping line when they are locked one by one. The clamping force of each section of the mold is uneven, and the mold cannot be aligned immediately, which requires time-consuming debugging and reliance on experienced operators. In order to overcome the dependence on labor, avoid debugging and improve accuracy, the manual clamping system of clamping pin structure developed by WILA can provide continuous and consistent clamping force over the entire working length so that each section of the mold does not need to be clamped. debugging. The manual clamping belt of the clamping pin structure has an automatic seating and automatic calibration mechanism, allowing the mold to be accurately centered and seated.
The automatic press brake clamp system is suitable for the clamps of bending machines with frequent and quick die changes. Based on the concept of “single point operation”, the automatic clamping system can realize the mold clamping and loosening process with only one button, eliminating the tedious manual locking experience. The power sources of the automatic clamping system are electric, hydraulic, and pneumatic. The most basic automatic clamping system is composed of many segmented independent splints and power cylinders. The power cylinders are driven by the above-mentioned power source. Although this clamping system avoids the time-consuming manual locking method, the splint is still If the segments are independent, the positioning accuracy problem of the mold still exists. How to avoid only activating a single clamping plate to clamp the mold separately? The defect of poor accuracy of this method can be achieved by using a medium to drive a mechanism within the full length of the bending machine to clamp the mold as a whole. WILA’s automatic clamping system is a full-length clamping method, and the power source is hydraulic or pneumatic.
WILA’s automatic clamping system is divided into hydraulic clamps and pneumatic clamps. For the hydraulic clamp, the clamp is equipped with a hydraulic tubing of the same length as the bending machine. After a certain pressure of hydraulic oil is passed into the hydraulic tubing, the hydraulic tubing expands and pushes the hardened clamping pin to clamp the mold. The hydraulic power of the hydraulic system must always be on to ensure the clamping function (power-locked clamp). For pneumatic clamps, the oil pressure is replaced by air pressure, which allows the mold to be clamped and loosened more quickly. WILA’s pneumatic clamp system only uses compressed air to achieve the clamping function, and the air pressure acts on the wedge mechanism with WILA’s patented self-locking function to realize the closed clamping function, so the locking is fast and durable (closed and locked clamp).
The manual press brake clamp system is more suitable for applications that rarely change molds. In this application, we recommend the manual clamping system of WILA. The hardened clamping mechanism enables the correct positioning, centering, and clamping of each segment of the mold, thereby ensuring bending accuracy.
If you need to change the mold frequently, we recommend an automatic clamping system, which has the following characteristics:
- efficient. If there is more than one mold change per shift, automatic mold change can improve bending efficiency and increase profit margins.
- It is ergonomic. Operational safety is guaranteed to avoid work injuries.
Liberate labor. It is simple to use and easy to operate, which reduces the skill requirements for bending workers and also reduces the enterprise’s dependence on skilled workers.
If sustainable development is more important, we recommend the use of a pneumatic automatic clamping system. Pneumatic clamping with a self-locking function can be clamped without being kept in operation all the time, helping to reduce the use of hydraulic oil and reduce energy consumption.
- Compensation of equipment tolerance
The compensation accuracy of the bending machine decreases. How to avoid product deformation and achieve perfect bending accuracy by configuring the fixture system? As customers have higher and higher requirements for the quality and details of sheet metal products, automation, and process optimization have become more and more important. Automation and process optimization will have a huge impact on the work of bending operators, who will change the traditional way of using bending machines and molds. The perfect bending result cannot rely only on experienced bending operators. The bending equipment and bending die system must also be stable to avoid the deformation of the final product. How can we achieve this goal?
- Deformation of the product caused by the decrease in compensation accuracy
The deformation of the final product is caused by the tolerance of the horizontal direction Tx and the vertical direction Ty during the bending process. The deviation in the horizontal direction is caused by the inaccuracy of the centerline position, which will affect the accuracy of the side length of the sheet metal bending product. The vertical tolerance is caused by the non-parallel molds of the upper and lower molds, which will affect the accuracy of the product angle. Too much deviation in Tx or Ty direction will cause the problem of post-repair of the workpiece or rejection of the defective workpiece.
- WILA upper and lower fixtures compensate for local tolerances
WILA upper and lower press brake clamps can easily compensate for local tolerances and achieve precise bending. Of course, WILA’s mechanical compensation (integrally compensates for the deformation caused by the sinking of the bending machine cylinder) and the mold can achieve perfect bending results and achieve the best bending accuracy of the product.
Status Quo And Analysis of Press Brake Market
According to the survey of the bending machine fixture network, the current development of my country’s bending machine fixture steel industry has entered a “big but not strong” situation. my country’s ordinary bending machine fixture steel is now surplus, but high-end, precise, and long-life products There is still a big gap between fixture steel and foreign countries, mainly in terms of purity index, while the quality of foreign steel is mainly reflected in purity, uniformity, fine structure, and size.
It is reported that my country has about 20% of the fine fixture steel of about 100,000 tons every year that needs to be imported, and it almost occupies the high-end market of fixture steel. Moreover, the price of imported fixture steel is several or ten times higher than that of similar domestic products. Due to production technology, my country’s high-end fixture steel market is occupied by foreign companies.
At present, the production and application of domestic bending machine fixtures are limited to sheet metal, electrical appliances, and decoration companies, with relatively narrow application areas and single functions. Bending machine fixture manufacturers lack R&D teams and insufficient capital investment, which is hovering at a low level. In fact, as long as a certain amount of capital is invested, there will be a broad market in light pole manufacturing, construction machinery, and other fields. In particular, molds in the automobile manufacturing industry are completely dependent on imports, and the price is several times or even dozens of times higher than that of domestic and similar products. Every year, automobile molds imported from abroad amount to hundreds of millions of dollars. This is a big cake. Domestic fixture manufacturers should work hard in this field to further expand the development space and bring the level and scale of domestic bending machine fixture production to a new level. Participate in the competition and share a piece of cake.