What is sheet metal bending ?
الانحناء is the process of passing a metal sheet through a pressure device and a special mold to turn a flat sheet into a three-dimensional process called bending.
Due to the different materials, thickness, length and width of the plates and the different shapes and angles that need to be formed, there are bending machines with different tonnage and size pressure equipment, equipped with upper and lower dies of different heights, shapes, and V widths. Special molds with special shapes.
معالجة الانحناء divides into three categories: partial bending, close bending, and imprint bending.
- Partial bending: It is a method of bending at right angles and obtuse angles by selecting the upper die below 88° and the lower die with V=12t (V means groove width and t means material thickness).
- Close bending: It is a bending method of right and obtuse angles at 90°. The lower die for close bending selects V=6~12t.
3.Imprint bending: Use 90° upper die for right-angle bending. (It is a standard right-angle bending). Imprint bending lower die uses V=5~6t
What is the bending mold of press brake machine ?
Bending mold is a tool use to make the blank into a specific shape and size part under the pressure of the bending machine. The tool divides into the upper mold and the lower mold of the bending machine, which use for the stamping and separation of the sheet.
Use of bending mold
- The bending mold produce of high-quality steel by special heat treatment. It has the characteristics of high hardness, not easy to wear, and high pressure. However, each set of molds has its ultimate pressure: ton/m, so be correct when using the mold It is very important to choose the length of the mold, that is, how much pressure should be applied per meter, and must not exceed the pressure marked on the mold.
2. In order not to damage the mold, we stipulate that when aligns the origin is , the upper and lower molds with a length of more than 300mm must be used for the origin. Only after it, the upper and lower molds of the same height can be used.
It is strictly forbidden to use the split small mold to align the origin, and the origin must be based on the internal origin pressure of the AMADA machine as the standard. It cannot exceed 7 tons for 80T, 10 tons for 100T, and 15 tons for 200T.
3. When using molds, due to the inconsistent height of various molds, molds of the same height can only be used when selecting molds on a machine, and molds of different heights cannot be used.
4. When using the mold, you should choose the appropriate upper and lower molds according to the material hardness, thickness and length of the metal sheet. Our company generally uses the lower mold according to the standard of 5~6T, and the length is longer than the sheet. The harder the material and the thicker the material, the lower die with a wider slot should be used.
5. When bending an acute angle, or when pressing a dead angle, you should choose 30 degrees, first bend the acute angle, and then press the dead edge. When bending R angle, R upper die and R lower die should be used.
6. When bending long workpieces, it is better not to use segmented molds to reduce the indentation of the knife, and it is best to use a single groove, because the outer angle R of the V groove of the single groove lower die is large, and it is not easy to produce bending indentation.
7. When selecting the upper mold, which kind of upper mold should be used, we should understand the parameters of all molds, and then decide which upper mold to use according to the shape of the product that needs to be formed.
8. When bending products with extremely hard hardness or thick sheets, it is strictly forbidden to use 103# and 116# upper molds, as the molds are easily damaged, and molds are not allowed to bend steel bars or other cylindrical products.
9. When using the mold, you should have a clear mind. The upper and lower molds should be locked after the machine is aligned to the origin. Don’t let the mold fall, hurt people or damage the mold. Pay attention to pressure during the operation, and do not apply too much pressure at once. Note that the data displayed on the screen changes.
10. After using the mold, put it back on the mold rack in time and place it according to the label. Frequently clean the dust on the mold and apply anti-rust oil to avoid rust and reduce the accuracy of the mold.