Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
Bending machine is a very common sheet metal processing equipment, but the requirements for the operation of workers are very high, especially for the bending of some large workpieces.
Sometimes two or more people are required to operate at the same time, so you can master the bending skillfully. The operation method of the bending machine is what a good operator must master.
How to operate the bending machine
- First, turn on the power, turn on the key switch on the control panel, and then press the oil pump to start, so you can hear the sound of the oil pump rotating. (The machine does not operate at this time)
- The stroke adjustment, the use of the bending machine must pay attention to the adjustment stroke, be sure to test run before bending. When the upper die of the bending machine descends to the bottom, there must be a gap of plate thickness. Otherwise it will cause damage to the mold and the machine. The stroke adjustment also has electric quick adjustment and manual stomach adjustment.
- For the selection of bending groove, a slot with a width of 8 times the thickness of the plate should generally be selected. If you bend a 4mm sheet, you need to choose a slot of about 32.
- Backgauge adjustment generally has electric quick adjustment and manual fine adjustment, the method is the same as the shearing machine.
- Step on the foot switch to start bending. The bending machine is different from the shearing machine. It can be released at any time. When you release your foot, the bending machine will stop and continue to go down when you step on it.
Precautions when operating the bending machine
- When the equipment is in the open state, you cannot reach out from the knife edge of the bending machine to adjust the rear gear, and you should go to the back of the equipment to adjust.
- When processing parts, people should stand outside the range of movement of the parts to avoid being scratched by the parts.
- When processing large workpieces, it is best to stand on the side of the workpiece for easy operation. People should stand firm during operation, and the body’s balance should not be affected by the movement of the workpiece.
- When operating close to the knife edge, both hands must be placed against the appropriate position of the lower mold to prevent fingers from accidentally extending into the knife edge.
- The removed tool can neither be placed on the bending machine nor leaned against the bending machine, so as to prevent the tool from falling and hurting people.
- When installing the tool, make sure that the tool has been tightened before allowing the upper and lower molds to separate. When disassembling the cutter, the upper and lower molds can be separated only after holding the cutter with both hands.
Pay attention to the tooling and equipment are in good condition
- When installing the tool, pay attention to the gap between the upper and lower molds at all times, and it should be controlled within the normal range.
- After the mold is installed, check whether the lower mold is fastened in time to avoid damage to the tool due to the displacement of the lower mold.
- After the mold is installed, a trial run is required. During the trial run, check whether the data input is correct according to the minimum gap between the upper and lower molds.
Common faults and maintenance of bending machine
The main motor of the bending machine cannot be started
- The start circuit of the main motor of the bending machine is faulty, such as: the emergency stop button is not released, the cable connection is loose, the 24V control power supply, etc.;
- The relevant components of the main motor starting part of the bending machine are faulty, such as: thermal relay, circuit breaker, AC contactor and other overload protection or have been damaged;
- Power supply problem of the bending machine;
- Check whether the start circuit of the main motor of the bending machine has an emergency stop but is not released, the wiring is loose, and the 24V control power supply;
- Check whether the components in the starting circuit of the main motor of the bending machine have overload protection. If necessary, analyze the cause and check whether the components are damaged;
- Check whether the three-phase power supply is normal;
The slider of the bending machine cannot move down quickly
- The slide rail of the bending machine is adjusted too tightly;
- The back gauge shaft is not in place;
- The slider of the bending machine is no longer at the top dead center position;
- Signals such as foot switch do not enter the module;
- The proportional servo valve is faulty;
- Check whether the slide rail of the bending machine is suitable;
- Check whether there is a cursor at the actual position of X on the bending machine system, or check whether the programmed value of the back gauge axis is consistent with the actual value in the manual interface;
- The Y axis status on the bending machine system should be “1”, if it is “6”, check the actual coordinates of the Y axis, the value should be less than the difference between the Y axis and the return stroke;
- According to the electrical schematic diagram, check whether the input signal such as the foot switch is normal;
- Check whether the feedback of the proportional servo valve is normal;
The slider of the bending machine cannot be bent or the bending speed is very slow
- The slider of the bending machine has not reached the speed conversion point;
- The parameter setting of the Y-axis bending part of the system is not good;
- Insufficient pressure, such as: programming operation reasons, machine parameter setting reasons, hydraulic reasons, etc.;
- Check whether the Y-axis status of the bending machine changes from “2” to “3”, the actual value of the Y-axis should be greater than the speed conversion point value, if it is not necessary to adjust the fast forward part of the parameters;
- Re-adjust the Y-axis bending parameters of the bending machine;
- Check whether it is due to programming operation, parameter setting, or hydraulic pressure; you can use a pressure gauge, multi-meter, etc. to first detect the signal of the main pressure and the proportional pressure valve, and then check whether the proportional pressure valve and the main pressure reducing valve are stuck. Check the filter element and oil, and finally check the oil pump and its coupling;
The main motor of the bending machine automatically stops, and the thermal relay and circuit breaker are protected
- The proportional pressure valve and the main pressure reducing valve are stuck, and the machine tool has been pressurized;
- The filter element is blocked, the oil output is not smooth, and the oil pump pressure is always high;
- The oil has been used for too long and has been contaminated;
- The oil quality is too poor;
- If the circuit breaker and thermal relay have problems, it will act if the rated current is not reached;
- The system control pressure output part is faulty, and the wrong signal is sent out to make the proportional pressure valve work all the time;
- Clean the proportional pressure valve and main pressure reducing valve of the bending machine;
- Replace the filter element and check the degree of contamination of the oil;
- Replace the oil filter element immediately;
- Replace with the recommended oil;
- Replace the circuit breaker and thermal relay;
- Check the output of the bending machine system;